Sunday, August 10, 2008

Tantrums, Fat Lips, & BBQ...

...how'd you like that for a title?? It was a busy weekend at the Gadient household starting with Jack doing his best impression of a toddler going through his "terrible two's". Hmmm, makes me wonder what's in store for the rest of his second year. I love him to pieces but, but whoa talk about needing some vino this weekend...

Three peas in a pod...


Stacy and the princess came for a few days, hard to believe how much Miss Alison has changed the last few weeks. Still a little peanut, but the cutest chubbiest little cheeks, that are quite edible. We hung out on Friday night attempting to eat dinner before 10 PM while trying to get a 4 1/2 year old, 2 year old, and 10 week old down for bed. Did I say I wanted 3 kids? I lied.

So sweet...

Saturday we had my work picnic in Canada, it was really in Marine on the St Croix, but I am sure Canada was only a block away. Spent the first 30 minutes calming Jack down (angry from being woke up from his nap) and waiting to be asked to leave as the crying sort of kills the mood. But alas he stopped (for at least 5 minutes). Then after some grazing of the buffet and a little booze cruise it was off to Tiff's 30th Birthday Party...

Having a grand time eating and drinking at Tiff's party (after calming Jack down again, because he fell asleep on the way over and once again, evil parent=me woke him up) and then it happens. Stacy is doing her best to distract Ross as he is pleading for the hundredth time for me to get his swimsuit, was goofing around with him and then....his lip, met her knee. Boom, blood, crying, both of them. Ross crying because his tooth put a nice gouge in his lap, Stacy because she feels terrible. Ross is fine and just wants to go swimming, I have a shoulder covered in blood while telling Stacy it was an accident, no big deal. I think the blood stained shirt threw her off, making it difficult for her to believe me. But it really was an accident and those darn short people are pretty resilient.
Sunday proved to be a much quieter day of hanging out and then a little BBQ with my folks, Grandma, and my cousin Jennifer. Dinner was delicious and I have a picture to prove it. Yummy!

"I won't smile. Why, because I am 2."
A Mr Fabulous in the making...Mmmm, chicken, corn on the cob, vino...

No comments: