Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bueller, Bueller...Where are U?

...I am here, I promise! Life has been crazy, hectic, insane...pretty much a usual week for me right?

Well lets start from the beginning, last week I left for Duluth with the munchkins to attend the MMGMA Conference. I worked during the day, while Jaime (my super SIL) and Jo (my super MIL) watched the monkeys. It was great because we stayed at a motel/hotel that had an outdoor pool and mega water park inside. So while I slaved away at work...no laughing...the boys swam, played, and were uber loved by their Auntie and Grandma.
On Friday, Jaime and Jo left for home and the boys and I snoozed in our hotel room until my Parents, Brian, my Grandma, and my cousins, Jennifer, Johnny, and Tori arrived at the hotel for the weekend. It was really perfect timing for me to be in Duluth with the kiddos as we had already planned over 6 months ago to be up there for the Tall Ships Festival. Watching the ships arrive on Thursday and sail in together while cannons were going off was cool as all hell, but the lines to see the damn things....not so cool...and when I say lines, I mean 5-6 hours in line to go on board and see them. Hmmmm, let me think 2 year old, 5 hours, yeah no thanks. So needless to say the Mister, the Big Boy, Mr Fabulous (aka my Dad), and Johnny left early Sunday morning to stand in line and it still took over 2 hours. Yuck!
Here are a few pics from the weekend...
Ross wearing his new official UMD sweatshirt in support of Auntie J's soon to be Alma mater...
Mr Jack...or Mr Mischievous....
Ross & Tori (or Towi as Jack likes to call her...aka our beautiful God Daughter)
Sipping a refreshing beverage by the pool...
So here we are Wednesday night and feels like forever since last weekend since I have been training since Monday at work and we are "knee deep" in our landscaping project...the crew should be done by Friday and I will post before and after pictures so you can see the transformation.
To be honest we may have to eat Ramen for the next few years to pay for the new retaining wall and landscaping...but I do have to say it looks pretty damn good! At least I can enjoy a little vino while admiring its beauty...even if my vino is made by some farm named Boones...

No comments: