Sunday, January 11, 2009

Welcome Back...

...yes, I am back and dedicated to the cause of keeping up the blog. You may want to take a potty break or grab a beverage of choice before you dive into this post, beware it is going to be a long one. What can I say I have a lot to talk about since I decided to take a little sabbatical over the holiday season in an attempt to keep my sanity. Which as many of you know was minimal to being with. Hard to believe the holidays have come and gone considering we have not taken down an ounce of our paraphernalia...we like to take it slow....or as Rob says, maybe we're just lazy...it's a toss up. So considering my postings have been minimal at best what the heck have I been up to?

1. Christmas - ENOUGH SAID! But really the holidays were great, I mean aside from the insanity of it all (we wrapped Christmas presents until 1AM on Christmas Day...or maybe later) and enough time spent with the Family to make Carol Brady want to drink, it was great. The kiddos loved Christmas and we thoroughly enjoyed watching it all unfold through their eyes. Children seem to really add that element of magic that can sometimes be lost when you are frantically searching for just the right present or figuring out how to add one more event into an already over committed schedule, but in the end it is all worth it, see for yourself...

Christmas Jammies...love them and these btw....so true...
Christmas cuties...
Grandma Lon and Jack...
Trying to get a family picture (much Vino needed after)...

Finally some presents...

Someone made Santa's "Nice List"...

Three little Monkey's Christmas Morning...

A blanket made by Auntie Lowi (or Lori) with love...

Presents, Presents, Everywhere...

Some Cousin love (not that way...you naughty readers!)...

Vino Mommy and her boys...

As you can see there was not a lack of presents, fun or love during the holiday season.

2. Relaxing...A LOT! Which means no traveling and how I have enjoyed that! Being home has been wonderful, not worrying about packing a suitcase, catching a plane or remembering what time zone I am in has been truly delightful. Unfortunately my bliss comes to an end tomorrow as I embark on another trip to Manhattan...insert sad face here. However as I said we did enjoy some much needed down time over the holidays, much of which was spent at the lake in front of the fire, playing outside, and reading (a ton..more on that later).

Time for some 4 Wheeling in the snow...
Beer Daddy & Ross ready to roll...
Jack showing his affinity for the camera...
Bampa & his Boys (Daniel Boone 1 & 2)...
3. Reading - Yes and A LOT of it....so much that Brian is really, well fed up with it all. Almost done with the Twilight series and I LUUUVVV it! It may be a little corny for some, but hey I didn't judge the Harry Potter Fans, so I say let me be. I even managed to see the movie, which of course was not as good as the book (my mind is slightly more creative), but needless to say I am anxiously awaiting the next movie (New Moon) which doesn't come out until November (GASP...will I make it???).

4. Illness - Our house has become a cesspool for germs, how, why I don't know...but god willing the worst is over. I mean seriously the kiddos are not in daycare and we haven't been venturing out to public places, but damn we have "caught" a lot. Between Jack with Croup and the stomach flu one week to Ross with Strep and the stomach flu the next...I am doing my share again to keep the health care system bustling.

5. Birthdays - Well there was Grandma's, Beer Daddy's, Johnny's, Phoebe's, Jesus (and yes many other's) and most recently the Big Boy's. It made me seriously consider a campaign to remind people that if you have sex, beware you may get pregnant and you just might have a baby around Christmas and frankly aren't we already busy enough this time of year? I am just saying a couple weeks in either direction would be helpful. :) Today we celebrated the Big Boy's birthday party at the Brunswick Zone XL which was filled with loud music, bowling, pizza, cake and chaos. It was perfect. Still reeling over the fact that my child is 5 and wondering if the years will ever slow down enough for me to catch my breath or at least not blink and miss something.
<>

No comments: