Monday, July 7, 2008

Sunshine on My Shoulders...

...makes me happy.
Ick...I can't believe I just quoted John Denver. Anyways, back from the long weekend and feel refreshed...well that might be going too far but I do feel good. We had a long weekend of fun & sun, good food, good friends & family, AND of course some good vino. It truly is amazing that we had an entire weekend of fantastic weather...for those not from the MN, it is quite the feat especially in the summer.

Ross and Jack thoroughly enjoyed being at "Grandma's Lake", they can't get enough of being outside and of course spoiled by their Great Grandma. It is such a great feeling to know my kiddos get to experience all the joy and memories that I experienced growing up and spending time at my Grandparent's....although it was always "Grandpa's Lake" when I was younger...I guess I'll let Grandma rule the roost now. We spent most of the weekend on the boat and at the beach. All the kids did great, even the tiniest bambinos, Alison and Matthew.

Also noteworthy of the weekend is that we had Shanna cut an inch off Jack's hair (not his first haircut) and the kid still has a ton, at least now he doesn't look like a frat boy who just finished his freshman year without a single haircut. He looks so much older with his shorter hair...makes it seem even more real that my baby is going to be 2 this Friday (sniff, sniff)...more to come tomorrow, but now my head is being called by my pillow.
Ready to hit the lake...
The princess and the stud...
Miss Beach Beauty....
Sleepy baby...just how I like them
Mom, I said no more pictures...
New haircut (smiling 'cause Mom said I could have a cookie)...

No comments: