Sunday, July 20, 2008

Farm Living is the Life for Me...

...or not, but hey it's fun once a year so I'll roll with it. This weekend was the annual "Wolter Family Picnic" at Betty & Larry's (Brian's Aunt & Uncle's pig farm). The weather was cooperative for the most part, the food fantastic as always (should have got a picture of how big the Beermeister was, freakin huge). Brian's one aunt makes the most DELICIOUS desserts, that I am positive I gained 10 pounds just from that (seriously the woman bakes a mean dessert).

The kids and I went on a "hayride" (well Larry pulled us on a flat bed wagon behind a 4 wheeler but you get the gist) and that's when we experienced the plentiful smells of raising pigs. The adults played many rounds of bean bag and the kids burned a lot of energy on this crazy fun blow up water slide (had I wore my suit and been 60 pounds lighter I would have gone). All in all a spectacular weekend. Here's a couple pics from the festivities...
Enjoying the water slide...
Sitting in the wheel of the John Deere tractor (Ross=Heaven)...
One happy kid...The Waltons...
The 5 and under Whipped Cream Pie Contest...Go Simone!

No comments: